The King's Lynn Preservation Trust Limited

A  Brief History


Patron

The Earl of Leicester


Founded in 1958 by Lady Joan Evershed.

 Established as an industrial and provident society.

Has completed renovation on over dozen projects.






 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Home Page Photographs Forthcoming
Events
Contact Us Our Role Trust's
Structure

And the Future

Built in 1605 for a merchant and former mayor of King’s Lynn, this timber-framed building known as the Greenland Fishery, was later divided into two.

The smaller part became a public house, used by sailors in the whaling industry; hence the name. During the early twentieth century, it housed a museum established by Edward Miligan Beloe, the younger.

A major feature is a series of Jacobean wall paintings.

 

Properties for the Trust to restore are usually found though our local contacts and though our links with the Borough Council

 

Print Friendly

   

  

Copyright nathan©liberman